Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

This Mother's Day has to go down as one of the best ever. Friday, Richie presented me with his present--ruby earrings. They are so beautiful and flawless; I can't wait to show them off. Saturday, we spent most of the morning on the beach. Ah! How I love the beach! I could sit out there all day and not get bored. Give me a book, a couple of magazine, and some tanning lotion (I mean SPF 45!) and I am good to go all day. The sun was shining but not brutal, and the breeze was light. The water was still chilly, but it got better the longer you stayed in.

Saturday afternoon, we took Richie's mom out to lunch, and I was presented with my gift from Cathryn--a card and a lovely necklace and earring set. When we came back to Georgetown that evening, we got the best surprise--Trey had come into town! He came bearing flowers and candy, but I could have cared less about tha. I just wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him that I loved him! But, the flowers were beautiful, the candy was delicious, and the card was beyond sweet.

Sunday morning, we got up and went to church--and my mother met us there! She really loves it out at Ringel Heights. The service was so beautiful, but it really hit home about a couple of things, too. I'll blog about that later. Cathryn gave me another card--homemade, my favorite kind--and then we took Mama out to lunch.

Overall, it was just a wonderful time spent with the people I love.

Toodles!

No comments: