Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update

Something's a little wonky when I try to upload my Easter and sewing pictures, so I'm going to pretend I didn't take them and talk about other things going on in my life, OKAY? OKAY!

I'm really enjoying this season of American Idol. Disco was quite enjoyable, and I think for the first time, this group got it right. Just because you're handing this theme, doesn't mean you sing it note for note--make it your own! I was quite disappointed with Lil, and Matt, and I think they'll both be leaving the competition. Danny gave a solid performance, as always, though I wish he hadn't sung "September". Why not "How Deep Is Your Love" or something from Marvin Gaye's oeuvre? But I digress. Kris continues to impress me each week. Ever since he sang "Ain't No Sunshine", he continues to perform with originality. I hope people are counting him out, because he's definitely the dark horse in this competition.

I don't want to talk about Adam, because he's obviously a lock for the finals, and he definitely is an acquired taste. As of yet, I have not acquired that taste.

I've also been re-reading Dorothea Benton Frank's novels in honor of the upcoming release of Return To Sullivan's Island. True to my obsessive-compulsive behavior, I started reading them in order of publication. I'm now reading The Land of Mango Sunsets, which will leave me with only The Christmas Pearl to read by June 30th. No problem!

Let's see...what else is going on? Ah, yes! The Ringel Heights Baptist Church children's choir had their inaugural performance on Easter Sunday, April 12. It was a great experience, and a good way for me to see what needs to be worked on for our concert on May 17, like microphone placement and projecting your voice for an audience. I'm getting excited!

Toodles!

No comments: