Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Weight Update

03/16/2008; 190.5 lbs. Six more pounds! (p.s.--Look at my kicky new haircut!)

Yeah, not as much as two weeks ago, but hey--that's 16.5 pounds in a month. I've lost four inches in my waist and hips. I've gone down a dress size, and I can wear medium tops. The most exciting news? Two weeks ago I had to try on pants in the Women's Plus department. This past Saturday? I bought pants in the regular Women's department. No, I'm never going to be able to shop in the Junior's department, but I'm 30 now--there's no need. Pretty soon, Cathryn will be in the Junior's department, and do I really want to dress like my daughter? I believe that you can look modern, chic and age-appropriate. But, I'm not going to get into that rant, at least not today.

Want to hear more good news? The nurse was able to draw blood on the first try. I was so ecstatic that I had to call Richie right then and there while the nurse was putting some information into the computer across the hall. I still have a bit of a bruise, but it was worth it, and now I don't have to worry about it for another six months.

Even though Richie has been telling me for three weeks that he can see the changes, I'm only just now getting to a place where I can look in the mirror and see a difference. Sure, I've certainly been feeling better since I started the program, and knock on wood, I haven't had a headache in a month. That's exciting stuff. And now that I'm fitting into smaller sizes, I can really appreciate the fruits of my labor.

None of this would have been possible without Richie backing me up. He has been so supportive of me doing this program, even though he told me before I started that I was beautiful just the way I was. He's never once tried to tempt me, and he's my biggest cheerleader, telling me everyday how great I'm doing. He's also very creative at coming up with new recipes so that our family can eat together, and I don't get bored with grilled chicken breasts and salads. (Although I confess, I am still pretty bored with salad, and actually welcomed brussel sprouts into my life.) I'm so grateful that he doesn't try to tempt me, and the sweetest thing we have in our house right now is peanut butter, even though I know how much he and Cathryn love chocolate. He just keeps telling me that he wants me to be happy.

Richie, Trey and Cathryn make me very happy. And you know what? I'm starting to feel that way about myself, now, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been waiting on you to post this week's results...you look amazing. I love the haircut! Is it easy to style?

I spent last Thursday evening watching several episodes of Buffy Season 6 and I thought of you.

Josie Thames said...

Thank you so much! I feel so wonderful, and to see the physical results is even better.

I absolutely L-O-V-E my new haircut, and it is beyond easy to style. A little shine serum when it's damp, blow dry with a paddle brush, and flat iron the ends. It takes me maybe 10 minutes? Which is SO much better than the 20-30 minutes it took with my shoulder-length hair.