Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Obsession Tuesday

Y'all. I am just brimming with excitement for the first time since January 15. Hollywood Week starts tonight. I wonder who'll be the first to cry? I wonder who'll blow the competition away? I wonder who'll start and with promise and then fizzle? I'm bouncing in my seat just thinking about it! I'm telling y'all right now--I like Amanda Overmeyer (Biker Nurse) and I like David Cook (the rocker dude with the pinkish hair). Well, with that out of the way, let's get out our obsessions for the week, shall we?

Reading:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic #11. Richie and the kids ordered the subscription for Mother's Day 2007. It's the gift that keeps on giving, because I get a new one every month. It's called Season 8 because it's being run by Buffy creator Joss Whedon. Reading it is exactly like watching the television series. If you were a Buffy fan before, I highly recommend revisiting our Sunnydale friends.

Watching:
Across the Universe. Long story short? A movie musical set in the 1960s comprised entirely of Beatles music. Watching the movie, I went from breathless to giddy to tearful from one scene to the next. When Jim Sturgess (who plays "Jude") sings "Revolution" to Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), I think I jumped up and cheered. Also? Freaking Bono has a part in this movie and he sings "I Am The Walrus" and "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". I have to recommend this to my hardcore Beatles fans, because it can be a little...psychedelic and mind-bending in parts. Naturally, I now own the soundtrack so that I can introduce Cathryn to The Beatles, because I don't want her to have to wait until she's teenager to discover them the way I did. We should want better for our children.

Drinking:
Pomegranate juice. Pomegranate juice everything: tea, vitamin water, martinis...you name it. Have you had it yet? Not too sweet, not bitter, just fresh tasting. Yum, yum, yum.

Doing:
Organizing everything. Just last night, I was on the internet for three or four hours, looking at the different ways you can organize and decorate smalls bathrooms and oddly-shaped closets. *gasp* Could it be that maturity and adulthood have come upon me at last? Could I have been bitten by the grown-up bug?



No comments: