Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bounce! It's what Tiggers do best.

I woke up this morning with an unusual amount of energy. Strange, because I had absolutely none yesterday. In the amount of time it usually takes me to get ready in the mornings, I was able to get ready, do last night's dishes, PLUS burn two CDs for the Spring Musical. Righteous! I just don't know why I'm so bouncy this morning, but I'll take it! I hope this is a trend that continues.

Speaking of the Spring Musical, practice starts tonight. Naturally, I am pumped. I've been listening and making lessons plans since December 26, so I'm excited to see how the kids will respond to the music. It's not your mother's church musical. It's kinda rockin'. I've also decided to take a new approach to teaching the class. If it works out, I'll fill you all in on what happened. Well, even if it doesn't work out.

Let's see...what else is going on today? Oh! I know! Cathryn is testing for voice lessons Tuesday the 15th! The teacher told me that she was kind of on the young side, but if she tests well, she'll take Cathryn on as a student. Naturally, Cathryn is all kinds of excited about her "audition". We started practicing scales last night. This morning we began working on matching pitch to my voice, and on Thursday, we'll begin matching pitch to the piano.

I'm having a bad hair day. It started off looking so cute and wavy, and now it's bushy and I've had to pull it in a clip. *sigh* One day, my hair will shine like the sea.

But I want to end on a happy note, so I will conclude by saying that I haven't had a headache in two days! I'm being stupid about this, though--I'm carrying my medicine in my purse.

Toodles!

No comments: