Wednesday, May 12, 2010

American Idol Season 9, Episode 39: Results

A relatively low-key, drama-less results night. A couple of Idol alum performed (Fantasia, Daughtry) and so did Bon Jovi, which hosted a theme night back in Season 6.

After Fantasia's performance, the Final 4--Mike, Casey, Lee, and Crystal-- were lined up on stools in the middle of the stage, and their families were lined up on the Safety Couch.

Ok, Crystal was wearing shirt that had penguins on the front, which makes me love her just a little more.

First, Ryan had Mike and Casey stand up, then had Lee and Crystal join them. Casey is immediately sent to safety. Huh. I kinda didn't see that coming. I mean, I did. I knew that the Top 3 were going to be Casey, Lee, and Crystal, but in my heart I didn't really want that, you know? I wanted Big Mike in there, mixing it up.

After Daughtry's performance, Mike, Lee, and Crystal are brought center stage. Yikes! Kara's hair was very, very flat tonight. Time to switch conditioners, Kara. Anyway, Ryan talked to each of the Final 3 about their song choice, then send Lee to his family on the couch.

Whoa. That means that we were down to Mike and Crystal. Seriously, my palms were sweaty.

OMG--Bon Jovi!!!! Excuse while I turn 12 for a moment. Oh, wait. They're not going to sing "Living On A Prayer"? They decided to sing something new? Never mind, I'm not 12 anymore. I'm back to being 32 and bored.

Michael and Crystal were once again brought center stage. Crystal is named as safe, and Michael is eliminated. It's OK, Mike. I bet your CD will be out by the end of the year, plus you have the Finale and Tour to look forward to.

We'll miss you, Big Mike!

Top Three next week.

Toodles!

No comments: