Monday, August 24, 2009

Yes, my life *IS* a song to God.

I accepted Christ into my life when I was seventeen years old. That decision has, by and large, informed every other decision I've made since, good or bad. I've either done my best to glorify Him, or I've had to fall on my knees and ask forgiveness for failing Him once again. I know that sounds harsh, but I have always been a woman of extremes.

A revelation hit me last night after I sang at Ringel Heights' 4th Sunday night Sing. I sang "God of Wonders" and "How Deep The Father's Love For Us", and I could feel God right there in that little church, right on that stage with me, standing beside me. It was an amazing feeling. Afterwards, when we all bowed our heads to pray, my heart still racing, I heard God speaking to me, telling me that He called me to sing. To sing for Him, to glorify Him with my voice. Then, as an added bonus, two years ago, He called me to lead children's choirs, to teach them how to worship and glorify Him through song.

Since accepting Christ, I've been asking Him to reveal His will for my life; my purpose in His kingdom, so to speak. For fifteen years, I thought He was remaining silent, but in reality, I was too busy begging for a neon sign when I should have been quiet, and listening for a whisper. He answered my prayer that year. He answered that prayer the first time I stepped on that stage and felt totally at peace for the first time in my life when I opened my mouth to sing, when I could hear what I thought was my voice but couldn't feel my lips moving.

God called me to sing!

No comments: