Monday, March 30, 2009

Sushi

Well, I was going to blog about sushi, and how much I love sushi, and how I could eat spicy tuna rolls every day. But I'm not going to blog about that, because as I was typing my original post, something hit me.

Richie and I celebrated the 11th anniversary of our first date this weekend, and neither of us realized it. Part of my brain (that sappy, sentimental side of me that loves to watch Bridget Jones and reread Gone With The Wind seven hundred times) tells me that I should always remember that date--it's just as important as the birthdays of my family. The other part of my brain (the side that tells me that it's time to clean my closet out for Spring) tells me that the most important date is our wedding anniversary and what really matters is that Richie and I still love one another and have fun being together after all this time.

And we did have an incredible weekend relaxing at Pirateland together. Dinner at Angelo's Friday night; Sushi, a movie (Nicholas Cago in "Knowing"), and shopping on Saturday; laughing at VH1 Classic Sunday morning, and a long walk on the beach that afternoon.

It's been a good eleven years, and I'm looking forward to the next eleven.

Toodles!

No comments: