Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I've been a bad blogger lately, I know. My heart just hasn't been in it. I was going to blog about how things just haven't been going my way, I've felt like a hampster on a wheel, blah blah blah. But everyone has their own problems, and no one wants to hear about mine. Besides, my sinuses have finally started to clear and I'm feeling better.

I've decided instead, to tell y'all the things that are going on in my life, and because I love lists...

1. "Christmas County Spelling Bee". That's the name of the musical Leslie and I are directing this semester. It's so cute, and the music is so much fun. Plus, it's going to be super simple to produce. We don't have to purchase nativity scene costumes, because we did that last year for "The Mystery of the Manger". In fact, the only costumes we have to purchase are cheerleader uniforms and tshirts for the kids to keep. Also, one of the characters has a thing for bumblebees, so I get to make a little dress for her using my sewing machine. Because of "Rock Solid" the musical we did this past spring, we shouldn't have to buy that many. Yay us!

2. "Good Vibrations" at the Carolina Opry. This deserves it's own post, but I wanted to give it a little shout-out now. Richie took me to see it this past Friday, and let me tell y'all, I did not stop smiling and singing the entire time.

3. Sewing. I made another purse. I can't wait to show it off! I have so many patterns I can't wait to try.

4. Adult choir. I was awake at 2 a.m. on Monday morning, and as thoughts were rolling around in my head, I realized how much I missed singing. Now, I can't sing in the adult choir on Sunday morning, because of us being out of town so much to see Trey play, but I can go to practice on Wednesdays and sing in the Christmas Cantata. Maybe I can get the old praise team together and we can sing "Days of Elijah" one last time...

5. Heroes, Ugly Betty, and The Office. Otherwise known as the show Richie likes to watch with me, the show Richie watches with me because he loves me, and the show Richie tried to watch me but just cannot get the humor. It's fall, folks, and the new television season has begun!

That's all for now. It's good to be back! Toodles!

No comments: