Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For the Buffy fans

I had a Buffy dream last night! It's been so long since I've had one, and I know it's because Stacy and I have been discussing the pros and cons of Season Six.

I was going to write about it, but decided against it, because I don't want to freak you all out too much. I don't think y'all could fully handle the scope of my imagination, and the crazy places my dreams take me. But I will tell you that it ran exactly like an episode. Not a Whedon-penned episode, but an episode nonetheless. And also there was a jaguar-type monster that was out hunting people. And I was Buffy.

I really, really miss that show sometimes. As much as I love Heroes and Ugly Betty, they just can't replace Buffy. The show, and maybe I'm saying this because the show premiered in 1997, and I was 19, but it felt like an analogy to life. My life. Sure, I wasn't chosen to protect the world from evil, but I had always felt isolated, different from everyone else. The writers were able to convey experiences and emotions and trauma so well, that it just...spoke to me.

Plus, who doesn't want to see a young girl kick some dude's behind that's giving her a hard time?

Toodles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so awesome to be talking about Buffy again! Email me your Buffy dream. I won't laugh or be the least bit shocked! In all seriousness, wasn't it amazing that the Scoobies were so close, so loyal, and where do you get friends like that?