Monday, March 10, 2008

Feelin' Good

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But, I have been noticing a slow, steady decline when I step on the scale, and my pants are really starting to get baggy. When I got dressed this morning, I put on my favorite purple turtleneck and realized that I needed to put it in the "doesn't fit anymore" stack. It was a bittersweet moment, because I tend to get emotionally attached to my clothes. My hair? Not so much. It comes from growing up poor--the emotional attachment to clothes.

Last week, I actually bought two fashion magazines. I hadn't bought one since October because I had become so depressed over my weight. I had stopped wearing heels, and all I ever did with my hair was pull it back in a ponytail. I was a sad, depressing sight--like one of those women on Tim Gunn's Guide to Style or What Not To Wear.

But now, I feel like I've found my walk again, instead of feeling like I'm schlumping everywhere I go. I'm interested in bags, shoes, and dresses again. I feel like I'm becoming Josie all over again, and that's just with the formal knowledge that I've lost 10.5 pounds. What am I going to be like when I go to the doctor on Saturday and have another weigh-in?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a good feeling! Its fun to be able to enjoy fashion magazines and feel stylish and pretty again. You are doing so well...look forward to enjoying horizontal stripes!

Josie Thames said...

Thank you so much! I don't know what I'd do without all the support I'm getting! Well, I'd probably be face-first in a box of chocolate...