Monday, January 14, 2008

Josie and the Exploding Pantyhose

It all started with a little rip. A tiny, insignificant little hole in the back of my pantyhose. I went to work in my favorite skirt, my favorite sweater and my cute black ballerina flats. But as soon as I began filing, I noticed it. The tiny little rip became a run, and then my pantyhose began to shift southward. I hiked them up (discreetly as I could), and kept working.

By noon, the run was a series of runs, with a gaping hole as its source. I was beginning to chafe, and I was getting mighty tired of hitching up my tights. When I went home for lunch at one, I was walking funny and I discovered that my entire behind was hanging out of my pantyhose. They had exploded.

Needless to say, they went into the trash.

Moral of the story: never put your pantyhose in the dryer.

No comments: