Monday, October 01, 2007

Fall TV, 2007 Edition

With all that's been going on lately, I forgot to tell y'all what I was watching this season! Let's break it down by day, shall we?

Sunday: Let me tell you about my schedule on Sundays. Church, lunch, Praise Team practice, Church. You tell me where there's time to breathe, much less watch television. Still, getting up on that stage is completely worth it.

Monday: My least favorite of work days, my most favorite of television days. Yes, friends, this is the night of Heroes. Last week's episode left us with lots of questions, like "Why are Parkman and Mohinder sharing an apartment? Don't they, like hate one another?" and "Could Noah Bennett--excuse me, Butler--be more awesome?" It really takes something to take a man down by the pinkie finger. There's also the burning questions of "Why is Nathan Petrelli growing out that gross beard?" and the all-important "What happened to Peter's great hair?" Richie says that he likes the hair this way, but it's going to take me a while to get used to this new look.

Also on Mondays (and Tuesdays and Wednesdays), before Heroes, is Dancing With The Stars. I know, I know! I said it was too cheesy, even for me, and that's really saying something. But let me tell you what happened, OK? I was putting Cathryn to bed, and when I walked down the hall after she had fallen asleep, well, I caught Richie watching it. It's like a trainwreck, honestly--I sat down on the couch and my morbid curiosity would not allow me to avert my eyes. You watch Wayne Newton try to dance, or Marie Osmond attempt to recapture her youth by being cute to the judges, and see if you can tear your eyes from the screen. Besides, what else are Richie and I going to watch while waiting to see if Hiro Nakamura will ever get Tanaka Kinsei to change from rakish layabout to actual Japanese hero?

Tuesday: Dancing With The Stars, baby. Dancing With The Stars. Hmm... I hope it's off before American Idol kicks off, because we all know where my loyalties lie.

Wednesday: Dancing With The Stars results show. At ten, though, Richie totally had me hooked on Top Chef. I can't cook a lick, but those guys and girls sure make me want to try! This Wednesday is the finale, and I'm really hoping for a woman to win this season. Go Team Casey!

On November 14, Project Runway returns, and I'm pretty close to counting the days. The contestants on Top Chef can be pretty cruel to one another, but you haven't seen anything until you see the hair pulling and eye scratching by a bunch of self-righteous fashionistas. And those are just the judges.

Thursday: Ah, Thursday. You make my week so complicated. Ugly Betty at 8--when I'm putting Cathryn to bed. Grey's Anatomy AND The Office at nine. How am I to choose? I chose The Office-- because I can download episodes of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy from the ABC website. The only conflict I don't have is at ten, when I watch Tim Gunn's Guide To Style. Let's recap, shall we?

Ugly Betty: Hilda's fiance Santos is dead. The plot with them being in her room together? Totally Hilda's imagination. It's like Dallas, but in reverse. Man, I miss Dallas. That was a great show. No one was evil the way JR was evil. No, not even Sylar, because JR didn't have to eat your brains to make your life miserable. Oh, anyway--Daniel has finally kicked his drug habit (we hope!), but Betty hasn't kicked her Henry habit. Wilhelmina and Claire have a total Dynasty moment, with Wilhelmina calling Claire a "gin-soaked hag" (I totally want to incorporate that into my everyday life!), and Claire taking a swig of liquor and decking Wilhelmina across the face. Yes! Her botoxed-injected face! Classy Claire, you gin-soaked hag! In other Ugly Betty news? Alexis has amnesia and forgot that she had an operation that changed her from an Alex to an Alexis. Maybe I should reconsider that while Dallas diatribe I went on earlier.

I haven't seen last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy. I know, my bad. But I only have so many hours, people!

I did watch The Office, and boy was I not disappointed. Michael hits Meredith with his car, and then organizes a "fun run" because they found out she might have rabies. Oh, and there was something about Jim and Pam finally being a couple. FINALLY!

Friday and Saturday: I take those nights off, usually because I'm at Pirateland, or going to Hartsville to visit Trey, or spending time with Richie and Cathryn. Maybe I can work some time in there to see my mother.

Toodles!

No comments: