Monday, June 04, 2007

Idol's gone? What am I supposed to watch now?

Wow. Can you believe that it's been almost two weeks since we've crowned the lovely Jordin Sparks as our 6th American Idol? I mean, sure, recapping this season was a laborious effort, given the complete lack of excitement and talent, and the complete overexposure of some certain contestant that shall not be named, but now I feel that my Tuesday and Wednesday nights are empty and without meaning.

I hate summer hiatus.

The only bright spots I have are viewing repeats of "The Office" that I missed during the regular season, and introducing Richie to "Heroes", by way of NBC.com. He saw the last couple of new episodes with me, and now he's hooked. So hooked that he's got a "Save The Cheerleader, Save The World" desktop background on his laptop. I'm so proud. Now Richie and I have two shows that we can watch together. Y'all have no idea how excited I am about this. It's nice for us to have something to watch as a couple.

On the non-televised front, we've been spending a lot of time at Pirateland Campground, where Richie's parents have a mobile home. I have been doing nothing but laying by the pool and reading magazines. It's so awesome. Y'all should see me now--I have a tan! For real! Richie and I have been spending lots of time together, with and without the kids. It's been really good for us. Cathryn's learning to swim, and Trey's racking up points with the girls at the pool.

What are y'all watching and doing for the summer?

No comments: