Friday, March 05, 2010

American Idol, Season 9, Episode 18: Results

At the opening of the show, Ryan's voice-over made me feel like I was watching like American Gladiators instead of watching American Idol. They're not competing for the title of this year's American Idol, they're fighting for their LIVES.

This is AMERICAN IDOL!

"I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas just might be the worst lip-synced group sing EVER. The group sing has a long history of cheesiness, but this one takes the cake. In the history of American Idol, I don't think I've ever seen anything so ridiculous. What happened to the live group sings? Those were cheesy, but also awesome. This literally made me cringe.

Also, if I was on American Idol, I would not just throw on any old thing to wear on results night. Oh, no, friends. I would come out every single results show dressed my absolutely most fabulous ensemble. Because if I got voted off, I would want to sing my final song proudly, and say, "Take that, America! Look what you're going to be missing!" I mean, look at Siobhan. At this point, no one knows their fate, and she shows up in a gray t-shirt from a random concert she went to in 2005, denim shorts, PURPLE TIGHTS, and sneakers. And she has a flower growing out of the side of her head again.

Ryan is so smarmy, isn't he? I'm beginning to believe that results night is his favorite night. It's almost as if he gets a special glee out of messing with their heads and telling them goodbye.

Randy's sweater was terribly distracting. It looked like a Home-Ec project. Gray sleeve, red vest, gray vest, red sleeve. It reminded me of a test pattern.

Going home: John Park (totally called this one), Jermaine Sellers (*sigh* I thought he had a few more weeks in him), Michelle Delamor, and Haeley Vaughn. I definitely had these girls in the bottom four. I just chose the wrong girls to go home. Oh, well, I'm not perfect.

Sheesh, it's hard to be happy that Haeley's going home when she won't stop crying! But, oh wait, she's crying AND smiling. Never mind. I don't feel bad anymore.

See you Tuesday when we finally get to whittle it down to the Top 12!

Toodles!

No comments: