Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I Wish I Had Written #2

Anyone who has known me for the past 12 years can see this one coming a mile away.

I wish I had written Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Well, I wish that I had written what Joss Whedon had originally envisioned, not the terrible version that we saw in theaters. Could you imagine spending a couple hours inside the head that created Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, and Dr. Horrible? Not to mention all the comics that he's written. His brain must truly be a fascinating place.

Like I mentioned, the movie isn't that great, but it launched my favorite television series of all time. Yes, I love BtVS more than American Idol, more than Glee. In fact, my perfect night of television would include all of these shows, with a little Top Chef or Project Runway thrown in for good measure.

Why do I wish I had written this movie? Well, aside from wishing to be half as imaginative and creative as Joss Whedon, I wish I had created the character whose destiny was to destroy the imaginary creature that has frightened and fascinated me since I was four years old--vampires. (I'll explain that in another post.) I mean, why didn't I think to create someone to slay my demons for me?

Give me your thoughts on Buffy and Whedon in the comments.

Hope you all have a safe and happy new year. Looking forward to 2010!

Toodles!

No comments: