Tuesday, December 22, 2009

*tap, tap* Hello? Is this thing on? Hello? Hello? Is anyone here?

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had jumped ship and abandoned this blog. For you know, one that actually got updated. I'm not even going to offer any lame excuses. I've just got one thing to say.

I've really missed this.

Richie and I were watching "Julie & Julia" the other night, and I must have had this wistful look on my face, because Richie said to me, "You're thinking about blogging again, aren't you?" I couldn't deny it, because I did. I've always been one to over share the bits and pieces of my life, and so blogging has fit me perfectly. I let myself get mired down in the day to day, though, and "Just Josie" got thrown to the wayside. I'm sorry, blog. I'm sorry, lovely, wonderful, amazing blog readers.

So what's next for "Just Josie"? That's a great question. I'm glad I asked it! The answer, unfortunately, is not as easy. I still don't have a focus, a main theme for the blog. I can't blog about food, because I am in no way a cook. I'm just not that free-spirited. I need rules and measurements, not a dash of this and a pinch of that, which is what apparently makes cooking fun. I like experimenting with cosmetics, not food. Mess up your makeup, you can just wash it off. Ruin dinner, and the whole house smells for the rest of the night, no matter how much you bleach. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Watching "The Sing-Off" this past week has really made me miss American Idol, so I may return to that, but I am still undecided. I kind of lost my joy for that, too, for a while. Maybe Ellen DeGeneres' addition as a judge will breathe some life into the show, and inspire me to make fun of/obsess over again. I could write about writing, but does anyone really want to read my writing exercises?

*dramatic, despondent sigh*

Oh, well. I'll see what happens tomorrow when I log in and put my fingers on the keyboard, because there will be a post here, come rain, shine, or blogger's block. Hopefully y'all will be here to read it.

Toodles!

No comments: