Monday, December 28, 2009

American Idol, Living Room style

It's no secret that in my house, we love to sing. It's no odd thing to walk into our house and Cathryn and I are singing together, or dancing together in the kitchen. We have a nice wide open space, so why not dance? That's the stuff of which memories are made.

It's also no secret that we also love American Idol in the Thames household. We eagerly look forward to January where we can cringe at the bad auditions with the rest of the country, and attempt to speculate the Top 10 by the airtime that each contestant receives.

It would seem natural, then, that Cathryn should receive the American Idol games for the Wii system that Santa brought her last year. I'm not sure who enjoys it more, though, me or her. It's so much fun for us to customize our characters and then filter through the songs. It can be a bit frustrating for her, though, because there aren't a lot of modern songs to choose from. (Richie quickly solved this problem by purchasing "Disney's Sing it!" for her.)

We've even already chosen favorites. On Disc One, it's "Walking On Sunshine" for us both. With Disc Two, Cathryn's favorite is Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" (big surprise there...Cathryn is completely obsessed with Michael Jackson) and mine is Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer". I really surprised myself that I remembered all the words and the tune because it had been so long since I'd heard that song, but I received a perfect score! 100,000 points! I was jumping up and down in the living room like Ryan Seacrest had really just announced in the Kodak Theater that I had been named the NEXT AMERICAN IDOL.

Ok, enough bragging. No one likes a braggart, so I will talk about how playing the American Idol games surprised me. Going into this thing, I really thought I'd be like the pop diva/disco chickbut I always received my highest scores when I'd sing songs like "867-5309 (Jenny)" or "Losing My Religion". Those other songs, like "I'm Every Woman" (the periennal favorite of all American Idol Pop Divas) completely kicked my behind. Perky, happy Josie is a Rocker Chick. Who knew? It makes me giggle just to think about it!

Toodles!

No comments: