Saturday, September 06, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day weekend. We went back to Pirateland and had a great time cooking out, laying by the pool, and riding around on the golf cart.

On Saturday, we went to a Pelicans game.



Splash is hilarious. He runs around a lot, pumping up the crows. There's also the Rally Shark, who runs onto the field each time the Pelicans score. I felt that the Rally Shark should have been given more to do. Also? The Pelicans has something called "The J-Team", which are college kids who work in between innings and run contests. The have an awesome opening based on "The A-Team".


When it began to rain, I took Cathryn for snacks and shelter. In the Pelicans store, we ran into Dinger, another of their mascots. He totes a bucket full of balls for the umpires. He is very, very friendly and loves children.

Once the rain ended and the game was finished, they brought out the fireworks. They were incredible and so beautiful. Majestic, even. A few more fireworks pictures follow:




I just can't say it enough. A great weekend.

Both Monica and Stacy posted this on their blogs, and I loved it, so I thought I'd use it on mine, too, in honor of my great Labor Day weekend.

How long was your labor?
About eleven hours. I started labor at about 2 in the morning, after one of Trey's All-Star games, and Cathy had walked me all around East Bay Park. Cathryn was born at 1:36 pm.


How did you know you were in labor?
I had passed my plug that morning, but nothing else had happened. I went to work as if nothing was different than the day before. Heartburn woke me up. Terrible, painful heartburn and what I thought were contractions. I immediately got up and started to read the chapter from "What To Expect When You're Expecting" about labor. I was sitting at our kitchen table, staring at the clock on the wall, timing them. They were already five minutes apart!

Where did you deliver?
Georgetown Memorial Hospital in Georgetown, SC

Drugs?
I told my OB/GYN that I wanted drugs on our first visit. They were quite happy to comply.

C-section?
Luckily, no.

Who delivered?
Dr. Regina Boggs and Nurse Linda Brenicky. Truly, two angels from heaven.

My labor was nothing like you see on television. It wasn't dramatic or slapstick. It was a calm, peaceful birth, even though my contractions were extreme and painful. Once the epidural came, though, I alternated between singing and sleeping. I have very happy memories of my labor with Cathryn.

Toodles!

No comments: