Wednesday, July 16, 2008

VBS is going really great this week. The directors picked a great theme, and everyone involved seems to be having lots of fun. I mean, I know I'm having a blast leading the music every night, and then getting to teach the kids the fruit of the Spirit in song. The teachers certainly look like they're having fun in my class.

My 3 years olds through 2nd grade classes just sing and dance their little hearts out, but the one thing that disheartens me is my first class, 3rd-6th graders. They're a good group of kids, but they just do not want to participate. When I try to get them to do games or activities, they do it begrudgingly and look at me like I'm insane. And you can forget about asking them to sing. Mostly, they murmur, or either ignore me completely and talk to their neighbor.

I've been a class leader for this age group before, and I've never had this problem. It makes me wonder if "kids today" have just changed, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Toodles!

No comments: