Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Girl's Night Out

I admit it. I'm a cotton-headed ninnymuggins.

I shouldn't use such strong language about myself, but I feel so bad about what I did.

You see, for my birthday, my sister took me, Cathryn, and our mother to Le Grande Cirque at The Palace Theater. And I forgot my camera. On the one day a year my sister will allow photographs of herself. (My sister is not a vampire...I think.)

But even though I messed up so majorly, we still managed to have a good time. You think this kind of thing is going to be cheesy, but it turned out to be mind-blowingly awesome. From the start of the show, the performers keep you mesmerized, and there was always something amazing happening in every corner of the stage. We were like kids on Christmas morning, not knowing what to look at first! They really kept us going, too. The performers were coming out of the ceiling, down the aisles, from all over, so we never knew what to expect. My hands were sore from clapping, and my sides and face hurt from laughing by the time we left.

One of the best parts of the night for me and Tracey was watching Mama and Cathryn, and how much they enjoyed it. Mama sat frozen in her seat, clutching her purse in her lap, and Cathryn was so excited she could barely remain seated, and you could hear her laughing and gasping above everyone else in the audience. Especially at the beginning of the first half, when the performers used a black light and half-neon, half-black costumes. Everyone's clothes began glowing, and Cathryn freaked out--in a good way, of course.

Afterwards, we ate at Ruby Tuesdays and laughed while Mama read the entire menu OUT LOUD and asked what we thought of it, like we all didn't have menus in front of us.

We got home late, but it was worth it. Family is important, you know?

Toodles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! I haven't seen your mom since both of our moms chaperoned the field trip to the Charleston Museum when we were in primary school!