Monday, April 07, 2008

Richie and I had a fabulous weekend. Cathryn went to Pirateland with Richard and Cathy, so that left Richie and I to ourselves. These weekends come few and far between, so I scrapped my plans for reorganizing Cathryn's bedroom and decided to spend the time with my husband.

Friday night, we ate at Land's End. I had a grilled pork chop with steamed vegetables (Richie asked me, laughing, "Who comes to a restaurant known for their seafood and orders a pork chop?" I laughed, too.) because I wasn't too interested in salmon or flounder. And I need my seafood fried or grilled, not broiled. Richie had the Shrimp and Scallop Fettuccine Alfredo, and I was quite jealous. Although Richie did share an alfredo-less scallop with me. I melted as it melted in my mouth. After eating, we went for a nice walk on the boardwalk, and saw a woman in full Scottish regalia playing the bagpipes. I'm not making this up.

Saturday, we went to Coastal Grand Mall and saw "Leatherheads". I was really sad to read that it didn't do well at the box office, because I thought it was pretty funny, and not just because it had George Clooney and John Krasinski in it. Richie thought it was funny, too. It reminded me of those old screwball comedies from the 1930s that I love to watch so much on Turner Classic Movies. Shameful, really, that subtle humor is lost on today's audience.

After the movie, there was shopping. I'm telling y'all, Richie is the greatest husband ever, because he didn't complain once. Not while following me around the Sephora store in JCPenney, or looking at new handbags, buying two of the prettiest striped spring sweaters ever. Not even while I dragged him over the mall on my quest for red patent leather flats that I can wear with dresses and pants. We would pass stores, and he would ask if I wanted to go in! That's right, folks...burn with jealousy! *insert maniacal laughter here*

Sunday, instead of going to church, I decided to play hooky and stayed home with Richie. We didn't do anything special at all--unless you count picking up the house and separating laundry special. But sometimes, it's just nice to sit and watch television together.

Or, in our case, play cards online while I shopped on the internet. But still, time spent together.

Toodles! (PS--I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I promise that I have a truckload of drafts to post.)

No comments: