Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Free Association--because planned blogging is for whimps!

Since I'm not recapping American Idol this season (not that it's not turning out to be a very good season--the guys were completely on for 80s night. Well, most of them--Luke Menard and Danny Noriega left me quite cold last night.) I've found myself quite stress-free and incredibly productive. It normally takes me a week to do a week's worth of laundry, but I got it all done in two days! I know that sounds strange, but I usually separate clothes on Mondays (into whites, darks, red, lights, and towels) and then begin washing and folding on Thursday (because I'm recapping on Tuesday and Wednesday) and finishing up around Sunday. I also was able to cook myself some dinner (turkey burgers--no bun-- with a side of cauliflower and broccoli) and help Richie with their dinner. PLUS I cleaned up all the dishes! I am so proud of me!

I'm really beginning to get fired up about Children's Choir. The play is two months away, and we're kicking into high gear. I've got some choreography concerns, because we had a low head count last practice, and I'm hoping that more will show up this Sunday. I wish that the kids were as committed to it as Leslie and I are. That is one thing I miss about being in the drama team when I was a teenager--no one forced you to do it. It was up to you to sign up and serve. I don't know--maybe the kids are excited, but they're just not showing it because it's not cool to be excited, because our class is growing. We've got 21 in class now, and if it grows anymore, I believe Leslie and I are going to need to ask for a helper!

Speaking of excitement, I've discovered a new catalog. It's called "Hands On Fun" and it's published by Oriental Trading. It has so many neat ideas about decorating a classroom, and has lots of projects for the kids. If I were an elementary school teacher, it would be my go-to source for supplies, because C-H-E-A-P! Anyway, I've found a couple of props for the musical in the catalog, and it's cheaper to buy it whole than in pieces and put it together. Plus, it takes up less time.

No comments: